Thursday, August 10, 2006

MBA what?

As much as I love posting on about my dreams, this blog will be my insights, rants, raves, whines and musings about CAT. For the uninitiated, CAT is the Common Admission Test conducted by the 6 IIMs.

Talking about MBA dreams, where do I start. Personally I feel that with the dearth of jobs in India, the only option you have is either do an MBA or become a civil servant. My grey cells are definitely not equipped with the hard work involved in becoming an IFS/IAS/IPS officer. Even CAT requires hard work but definitely not as much as what one needs to put in to become an IAS officer.


Or if you are comfortable with BPO, there is nothing like a BPO job. The pay is good even though the timings are pretty odd. I say this from personal experience but most people would not have had an experience like I did. You bet a manager makes all the difference.

So why MBA? The pay is good, the work hours are sane, you might just get time enough to spend with your family! Until of course you land up in IIM A and become a hot shot CEO, which is definitely not my dream for now. I would be happy in a decent institute with a decent package and live happily ever after!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home